The Virginia Community College System believes that members of the active duty military and veterans of our armed services deserve not only our respect, but our support.
This site is devoted to the military community and designed to give those who are serving, and have served, our country the information they need to take advantage of the educational benefits they have earned while defending the United States.
An important resource for veterans, active duty military and their families is the veterans affairs offices at each Virginia Community College.
- Community College Veterans Contacts (.pdf to download)
Other links you may find useful include:
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - the federal agency responsible for all veterans affairs
- GI Bill - find out about new post-9/11 GI Bill benefits plus all previous educational benefit programs
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services - the state agency charged with helping veterans and their families obtain their benefits.
Active Duty Military Information
- U.S. Army - Main Site
- GoArmyEd - a gateway for active duty soldiers to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online, anytime for classroom, distance learning, and eArmyU online courses.
- U.S. Marines - Main Site
- U.S. Air Force - Main Site
- U.S. Navy - Main Site
- U.S. Coast Guard - Main Site
Military OneSource is provided by the Department of Defense at no cost to active duty, Guard and Reserve (regardless of activation status) and their families.
MyCAA (military spouse career advancement account) is targeted for eligible military spouses to receive financial assistance to help pay for licenses, certifications and education in high growth, high demand portable career fields.