Award: CAREER STUDIES CERTIFICATE
Occupational Objectives: The Career Studies Certificate in Graphic Communications is designed to prepare individuals for various entry-level positions or to upgrade existing skills to meet technology trends in the printing industry. Procedures and processes will be covered in both theory and/or hands-on application.
Students complete the program will develop competencies in the following areas:
- Mathematical concepts for practical application
- Basic understanding of various printing processes
- Desktop publishing techniques including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Understanding of the varieties, properties, handling and printing characteristics of paper and inks
- Understanding of safety and health issues and of the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard
- Understanding of the current trends in technology in the field
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of reproduction processes.
- Demonstrate technical and skill competencies in the area of lithography complete laboratory projects.
- Use graphic design software to complete laboratory projects.
- Discuss the aspects of lithographic chemistry as it relates to the printing industry.
The program is structured as follows:
|Course||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Course Credits|
|PNT 110||Survey of Processes||2||3||3|
|PNT 211||Electronic Publishing I||2||2||3|
|PNT 135||Print Imaging||1||3||2|
|PNT 221||Layout & Design I||2||3||3|
|PNT 298||Seminar & Project||2||0||2|
|ART 180||Intro to Computer Graphics||2||3||3|
|Total Minimum Credits||11||14||16|