Award: Career Studies
Purpose: The Career Studies Certificate in Printing Technology is designed to prepare individuals for various entry level positions or to upgrade existing skills in the press operations area to meet technology trends in the printing industry. Procedures and processes will be covered in both theory and/or hands-on application.
Occupational Objectives: Students who complete the program will develop competencies in the following areas:
- Basic understanding of various printing processes.
- Understanding of the basic technology of the lithographic printing process.
- Complex understanding of the technology of the lithographic printing process.
- Understanding of the varieties, properties, handling and printing characteristics of paper and inks.
- Understanding of the basic operation of the lithographic offset press.
- Understanding of safety and health issues and of the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard.
- Complex understanding of the operation of the lithographic offset press.
- Understanding of the current trends in technology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of reproduction processes.
- Demonstrate technical and skill competencies in the area of lithography complete laboratory projects.
- Discuss the aspects of lithographic chemistry as it relates to the printing industry.
The program is structured in the following courses:
|ART 180||Intro to Computer Graphics||2||3||3|
|PNT 110||Survey of Processes||2||3||3|
|PNT 131||Principles of Lithography||3||3||4|
|PNT 298||Seminar & Project||2||0||2|
|PNT 265||Digital Imaging Applications||3||3||4|
|Total Minimum Credits||12||12||16|