Award: Career Studies Certificate
This program prepares students for entry-level work in the personal services industry. Graduates are prepared to sit for the state board exam in cosmetology, after which they may work as a hairstylist, beautician, or nail technician in a salon setting, or start their own businesses.
Minimum credits: 29
Length: 3 semesters, including a summer term
- Hairstylist/Cosmetologist: $23,710 - 36,060 Job growth: 10% from 2014 to 2024
- Manicurist/Pedicurist: $22,980 - 27,110
- Skincare Specialist: $30,090
- *Median salaries nationwide as of 2015. Source: BLS.gov
Division: Workforce Services
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of hair & skin care.
- Understand manicuring and pedicuring.
- Be prepared to gain a cosmetology license.
- Understand salon management.
|COS 081 Cosmetology Theory I||4|
|COS 082 Cosmetology Theory II||5|
|COS 198 Cosmetology Seminar & Project||3|
|COS 195 Cosmetology Theory III||4|
|COS 298 Projects in Cosmetology||3|
|COS 199 Supervised Study in Cosmetology||3|
|COS 295 Cosmetology Theory IV||4|
|COS 299 Supervised Study in Cosmetology||3|