The Cyber Security Technician CSC is a condensed version of the Cyber Security Certificate. The program is designed for individuals with prior work and/or educational experience relevant to the cyber security field. Individuals may be required to demonstrate required skills or provide evidence of completion of relevant industry certifications. Enrollment eligibility will be at the discretion of the Cyber Center Director.Those with a criminal history will not be able to find employment in the cyber security field. Students must complete a background check prior to entering the program
Credits earned in this CSC may be applied towards earning the following credentials at DCC: Networking with Cisco CCNA (CSC), Networking Technology Fundamentals (CSC), Networking Technologies (CSC), Cybercrime Investigation (Certificate), Cyber Security (Certificate), Networking A.A.S. Degree.
Graduates of this program will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Cisco Systems Academy Program, including basic knowledge of routers, switches, and other networking devices; and their uses and applications.
- Microsoft desktop and server operating systems, including installation, configuration, and management.
- Linux desktop operating systems, and their basic management and configuration.
- VMware Virtualization environments, including installation, configuration and management of the application.
- Security basics, including network attacks, computer crime, and hacking fundamentals.
- Introductory computer forensics techniques and skills.
|Course Sequence||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Hours in Class||Credits|
|ITN 154 Networking Fundamentals IntroductoryRouting - Cisco||4||0||4||4|
|ITE 221 PC Hardware and OS Architecture||3||0||3||3|
|ITN 103 Administration of Networked Servers||3||2||4||4|
|ITN 254 Virtual Infrastructure Installation, Configuration, & Management||3||2||4||4|
|ITN 260 Networking Security Basics||4||0||4||4|
|ITN 261 Networking Attacks, Computer Crime, & Hacking||3||0||3||3|
|ITN 276 Computer Forensics||4||0||4||4|
This program is part-time and available completely online -- meaning IT professionals can take classes from anywhere to fit their work schedules.
Minimum credits: 26
Length: 2 Semesters
Career opportunities: Information Security Analyst: $51,280-143,770
Job growth: 18% from 2014 to 2024
Computer Systems Analyst:51,910-135,450
*Median salaries job growth nationwide as of 2015. Source: BLS.gov
Division: Business, Engineering, & Industrial Technologies
Contact: 434.797.8440 or 434.797.8474
For course descriptions view the college catalog.