Program Integration: This certificate provides 40 credits towards the A.A.S. in Administrative Support Technology ? General Office.
Graduates will demonstrate:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in using word processing software to accurately format a variety of business correspondence.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to accurately complete financial and accounting functions used in an office environment.
- Ability to key with a level of speed and accuracy acceptable to perform satisfactorily to industry standards.
- Alphabetic and numeric filing rules to efficiently file and retrieve business correspondence.
This program prepares students for careers in information processing.
Minimum credits: 40
Length: 3 semesters, if full-time suggested course sequence is followed.
Career opportunities: Customer Service Representative: $31,720 Job Growth: 10% from 2014-2024; Human Resources Assistant: $34,160 Job Growth: 3%; Financial Clerk: $33,200, Job Growth: 6%
*Median salaries nationwide as of 2015. Source: BLS.gov
Division: Arts, Sciences, & Business
|First Semester||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Hours in Class||Credits|
|AST 101/103 Keyboarding I + Lab||2||2||4||3|
|AST 243 Office Administration I||3||0||3||3|
|ENG 134 Grammar for Writing & Speaking||3||0||3||3|
|BUS 121 Business Mathematics I||3||0||3||3|
|ITE 116 Survey of Computer Software
|SDV 100 College Success Skills||1||0||1||1|
|Second Semester||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Hours in Class||Credits|
|AST 102/104 Keyboarding II + Lab||2||2||4||3|
|AST 234 Records & Database Management||3||0||3||3|
|ENG 135 Applied Grammar||3||0||3||3|
|AST 244 Office Administration II||3||0||3||3|
|AST 253/255 Advanced Desktop Publishing
(Word) + Lab
|Third Semester||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Hours in Class||Credits|
|ACC 111 Accounting I||3||0||3||3|
|AST 238/239 Advanced Word Processing
Operations + Lab
|ITE 140 Spreadsheet Software||3||0||3||3|
|SDV 106 Preparation for Employment||1||0||1||1|