Award: Career Studies Certificate
Project Management is a rapidly growing field relevant to many business areas, including information technology, engineering, contracting, or the nonprofit sector. The CSC is a completely online, self-paced program for individuals who have already obtained a degree, those who wish to add to their credentials, and students who are concurrently pursuing an associate degree.
Program Coordination: The Project Management CSC feeds directly into the Business Management degree with a specialization in Project Management.
Minimum credits: 16
Length: 1 semester to 1 year, depending upon student’s level of time and motivation. Courses in project management (BUS 204, 206, 295, and ITP 170) are open-entry/open-exit, meaning that students may complete courses at an accelerated pace and move on to a subsequent course upon satisfactory completion of the preceding course.
- Project Manager: $75,280 Job growth: 12% through 2020
- Source: Project Management Institute
Division: Arts, Sciences, & Business
Contact: 434.797.8402 or 434.797.8462
Graduates will be able to:
- Utilize industry-standard computer software in business communication media, e.g. written reports and business plans using word processing software and presentations using presentation software;
- Perform and interpret business math, accounting, and business statistical calculations;
- Understand the basic concepts associated with business ethics and the importance of developing and adhering to a strong set of generally-accepted ethical principles;
- Demonstrate principles of human relationship skills used to successfully interrelate with customers, associates, employees, and superiors in a project management setting;
- Understand standard methods for training, motivating, and managing people in a team-based environment;
- Plan, execute, and control projects according to the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) processes, tools, and techniques.
|Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Hours in Class||Credits|
|BUS 204 Project Management||3||0||3||3|
|BUS 206 Advanced Project Management||3||0||3||3|
|BUS 295 Topics in CAPM Exam Preparation||3||0||3||3|
|BUS 298 Seminar & Project||4||0||4||4|
|ITP 170 Project Management (IT)||3||0||3||3|
For course descriptions view the college catalog.