*Pending approval for Fall 2018 start-up.
This program includes training in the operation, maintenance, navigation and programming of drones. The skills obtained in this program can lead to entry level positions in the field of drone applications and flight control or provide a pathway to promotion. Included in the training will be (1) RC software Manipulations; (2) Repair, Maintenance and Modifications; (3) GPS, GIS and Map Point Drafting; (4) Drone Programming and Data Management; (5) Preparation for the 107 industry certification exam.
Industry Certifications: This program includes training leading to the preparation and setting for the 107 Industry Certification Exam.
Graduates of this program will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of drone technologies and terminologies and their uses and applications.
- Knowledge to use remote control (RC) software to manipulate drones.
- Ability to repair, maintain and modify drones.
- Ability to navigate drones through GPS, GIS and Map Point Drafting
- Identify and utilize drone programming, data management, archiving and manipulations of data, data mining and report generation.
- Employment skills in the field of Drone technologies.
Small unmanned aerial systems, or drones, as they are commonly known, have a variety of uses in diverse fields such as precision agriculture, real estate, search and rescue, photography, and more!
Minimum credits: 17
Length: 1-2 semesters
Career opportunities:This program is designed for individuals who are interested in becoming a professional drone pilot or those employed in fields relating to drone use who wish to upgrade their skills.
Division: Arts, Sciences, & Business
|Course Title||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Hours in Class||Credits|
|UMS 111 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (SUAS) I:
Intro to Drone Technologies
|UMS 211 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (SUAS) II:
Advanced Drone Technologies
|UMS 177 SUAS Components & Maintenance||2||2||4||3|
|GIS 293 SUAS Navigation & Deployment||2||2||4||3|
|UMS 112 SUAS Program & Flight Data Management||3||0||3||3|
|UMS 107 SUAS Remote Pilot Ground School||2||0||2||2|