Program focuses on designing, creating, maintaining desktop software. Topics include analyzing problems, creating solutions, writing code, testing solutions programs, project management, production aspects, and updating projects.
Program Coordination: Credits earned in this CSC may be counted towards the IST Software Development A.A.S. degree.
Industry Certifications: Students may sit for the the Java Foundations and Java SE 7 Programmer (1Z0-803) certifications.
Minimum credits: 17
Length: 1-2 semesters
- Software Developer:$52,000-63,204 Job growth: 17% from 2014 to 2024;
- Computer Programmer: $39,798-79,840
- *Median salaries job growth nationwide as of 2015. BLS.gov
Division: Arts, Sciences, & Business
Contact: 434.797.8402 or 434.797.8462
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Implement Information Technology skills required by software applications.
- Apply methodologies to stay current in IT offerings, trends, and certifications.
- Apply analytical and problem-solving skills for computer system designs, planning, and support.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software needed for computer system implementation and maintenance.
- Apply current IT industry standards, protocols, and techniques.
- Use instructional applications and material which could lead to industry certifications.
|Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Hours in Class||Credits|
|ITP 100 Software Design||3||0||3||3|
|ITP 120 Java Programming I||4||0||4||4|
|ITP 220 Java Programming II||4||0||4||4|
|ITD 132 Structured Query Language||3||0||3||3|
|ITP 246 Java Server Side Programming||3||0||3||3|
For more information consult the College Catalog