CDL Training Overview
In four short weeks, students will be ready to pass the Class A Commercial Driver’s License exam and hit the road as a licensed commercial truck driver. Students will get classroom and highway instruction as they train to sign on with a trucking company or become their own boss as an owner-operator of a commercial vehicle.
Graduates will be prepared to test for a Class A Commercial Drivers License. If accepted into the program, students are required to obtain a CDL Learner's Permit (CLP) before class starts. A 10-year driving record obtained from DMV and DOT physical are required. All paperwork must be completed before the student can be scheduled for a class. The program has been inspected, approved, and licensed by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. All instructors meet the department’s standards and are certified by the DMV. Students are given the opportunity to take the CDL driving test at their local DMV office in the same vehicle they used to complete their training.
Ready to get started? Download our Step-by-Step Guide to obtaining your CDL through DCC!
- Training Details and Class Information
We offer two class formats:
• Weekday course: Four weeks, 16 ten-hour days, Mon-Thurs, 7:00 am-5:30 pm (30 min lunch)
• Weekend course: Eight weeks, 16 ten-hour days, Saturday and Sunday, 7:00 am-5:30 pm (30 min lunch)
- Tuition and Funding Options
• Tuition for the CDL Training Program is $4500
• This cost can be reduced to $1500 through the Fast Forward Program if you are a Virginia Resident.
• Cost may be further reduced through income-contingent programs such as FANTIC.
Contact Chad Younger at 434-797-8573 or email@example.com for assistance with funding options.
- Want to Enroll?
Download our Step-by-Step Guide to obtaining your CDL through DCC to ensure that you are ready to enroll in the CDL Training Program.
When you are ready to enroll, call Chad Younger at 434-797-8573.