The mission of the Center for Organizational Excellence & Data Analytics is to inspire innovation, excellence, and data-informed decision making at DCC. The Center exists to build capacity for a culture of evidence and continuous improvement and promote institutional effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency.
We support DCC's mission and its pursuit of academic and operational excellence through the collection, analysis, and reporting of data which:
- informs the strategic planning process
- promotes the efficient allocation of resources
- engages faculty and staff in the continuous improvement of DCC's programs and services
The Center supports enrollment management, assessment, program review, accreditation, academic planning, and institutional strategic planning. We respond to internal requests for institutional data as well as requests from state and federal agencies and other external organizations. In addition, we are the home of DCC’s Innovative Ideas Incubator, an initiative to help students, faculty, and staff develop innovative ideas for college improvements.
Build Institutional Capacity
- Continually improve the avenues used to deliver timely, accurate, and user-friendly information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Research new programs and developments in the field of institutional research
- Collaborate with both academic and non-academic divisions to create new reports and procedures
Build Assessment Capacity
- Workshops for faculty and staff
- Consultations with faculty and staff
- Collaborate with the DCC community (administrators, faculty, staff, and students) to establish and implement sustainable, manageable, and significant assessment
- Provide assessment resources such as best practices, guidelines, and examples