The Tutoring Center provides free tutoring for currently enrolled DCC students in a wide range of subject areas. Trained peer and professional tutors are available to tutor specific subject areas and to assist students in developing effective learning strategies. Tutoring is designed to support and enhance your classroom learning. DCC's tutorial services are nationally certified by the College Reading and Learning Association. The Tutoring Center is located in the upper level of the Learning Resources Center. For more information on tutoring services, call (434) 797-6432 or email email@example.com.
Who are the tutors?
- Peer tutors must maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA and receive a faculty recommendation for the subject they are tutoring.
- DCC peer tutors are referred to the Tutoring Center by their instructors.
- Professional tutors have advanced degrees, certification, or experience in their fields.
- Beginning tutors receive a minimum of 10 hours of training.
- After successfully completing training and completing 25 hours of tutoring, tutors are eligible to apply for CRLA (College Reading and Learning Association) certification.
- All tutors must express a concern for their fellow students and learning.
- To apply to be a tutor, please contact (434) 797-6432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I sign-up for tutoring?
- For tutoring assistance, come to the Tutoring Center or complete this application.
- Distance learning students may request online tutoring HERE.
- Tutoring services are available by appointment only.
- The Tutoring Center coordinator selects a tutor for the student, then contacts the student with the time and date of the tutoring session.
- Bring your textbooks, notes, and syllabus so that your tutor can better assess how to help you.
- To have maximum success, come early in the semester and meet regularly with your tutor throughout the term.
- Tutoring is only available for students who are currently enrolled in the DCC course for which they are requesting tutoring.
- IT'S FREE!