To be considered for any federal or state programs at Danville Community College, you must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be enrolled in an approved program of study consisting of a minimum of 16 credit hours.
- Be a U.S. citizen or current resident.
- Have a valid Social Security Number. Exceptions to this rule are students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau.
- Register for Selective Service (males only). Students between the ages of 18 and 25 who were assigned male at birth must be registered.
- Not be in default of a Federal Student or Parent loan, or owe a refund to a postsecondary institution.
- Not have a drug conviction. Federal regulations prohibit student aid eligibility for students convicted under federal or state law for possession of or sale of illegal drugs (not including alcohol or tobacco).
- Maintain minimum requirements of Satisfactory Academic Progress to remain eligible for any grant, loan, or work assistance.
Please note that students must register for at least 12 credit hours each semester in order to receive the full financial aid award package. Students who register for less than 12 credit hours will have their financial aid award reduced proportionally to remain in compliance with federal regulations and institutional policies.