The Knight's Pantry provides food as well as personal care items for DCC students who are in need. Items are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis free of charge. The Knight's Pantry was established to bridge the gap for any student, faculty, or staff member facing food insecurity. Our goal is to ensure that no member of the DCC family goes hungry.
The Knight's Pantry is located on the first floor on the Wyatt Building. Students can access the Knight's Pantry during normal business hours. Other times can be made available by appointment. Contact one of our success coaches for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Knight’s Pantry located?
The Knight’s Pantry is currently located in Wyatt 108.
- When can students access the Knight's Pantry?
Students can access the Knight's Pantry during normal business hours. Other times can be made available by appointment. Contact one of our success coaches for more information.
Normal Business Hours
- Monday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Are there any requirements for students to be eligible?
To be eligible, students must:
- Be currently enrolled
- Provide a valid student ID
- What is provided to the student?
The Knight's Pantry provides the following items:
- Basic pantry staples (canned goods and dry items; cereals, pasta, crackers, etc.)
- Personal items (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, laundry detergent, feminine products, etc.)
- How do I contribute?
The Knight's Pantry is primarily supported by financial donations made to the Danville Community College Educational Foundation. However, if you would like to make a contribution, some recommended items are listed below. The Student Success Coaches located in Wyatt 108 can assist with donations.
- Breakfast Bars
- Granola Bars
- Lance Snack Crackers
- Snack Size Peanut Butter
- Fruit Cups
- Vegetable Cups
- Microwavable Cups
- Chef Boyardee, Lucks, Soups, Chili, Mac & Cheese, etc.
- Cup Noodles
- Boxed/Packaged Items
- Mac & Cheese, Rice-A-Roni, Potatoes, Lipton Noodles, etc.
- Water Flavors with Vitamins
- Instant Hot Beverages