DCC Commencement 2021 will be held virtually on Saturday, May 15, at 10 a.m. on YouTube.
Pre-commencement festivities will begin online at 9:30 a.m., so be sure to tune in early!
Virtual graduation will air on our YouTube channel. However, the live link to the ceremony will be available on this website on the day of commencement, so feel free to share it with family and friends.
- Virtual Graduation FAQ
When is graduation/commencement?
Saturday, May 15, at 10 a.m. with preshow congratulatory remarks beginning at 9:30 a.m.
Will the virtual commencement event be available for viewing after May 15?
Yes, once the event is shared, it will be available for public viewing via DCC’s YouTube Channel or at www.danville.edu/graduation.
Do students have to be at a certain place for graduation?
Graduation can be viewed anywhere you have access to YouTube. Students will be recognized with the information they submitted via a personalized slide. This will not be a “zoom” type interactive event which requires you to be available by camera/microphone.
What if the student did not submit a photo – will he/she still be recognized?
Yes, students that submitted graduation applications for Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021 by the published deadline will be included in the commencement event.
When will the link be available for students to share with family and friends?
The virtual ceremony link will be available at www.danville.edu/graduation - tell friends and family to go here for the link to view.
Do students have to purchase graduation regalia (cap/gown)?
No, this is not required, but the DCC Bookstore has regalia, tassels, honor cords (for eligible students), and graduate keepsakes available for purchase should you want these items.
Can students come to campus to take photos?
During partial campus operating hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., students may come to campus to take photos, but CDC and social distancing guidelines must be adhered to.
When will I receive my degree/diploma/certificate?
Fall graduates were mailed their credentials in December 2020.
Spring graduates will receive a digital download of their degree on May 15 and paper credentials will be mailed to arrive in 7-10 business days.
Summer graduates will receive a digital download and a mailed paper degree once summer grades are processed. This should be done by August 10.
After the event, should students continue to check MyDCC student email?
Yes, please check student email. All students recognized will be sent a digital gift from the ceremony.
Questions about graduation? www.danville.edu/graduation or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commencement Details
- All graduates will submit their information for viewing prior to the event so that you can view the event with your family and friends.
- Graduation regalia is not required. However, if you would like to purchase a cap and gown as a keepsake, they are available for purchase in the DCC Castle Bookstore located on campus across from the Student Center in the EIT Building.
- The DCC Castle Bookstore is your one stop for all of your graduation needs, visit http://bookstore.danville.edu/home.
- All commencement information will be shared via DCC email, please be sure to check this account daily.
- Degrees, diplomas, certificates and career studies certificates will be mailed to Spring 2021 graduates at the address given on your graduation application.
- Students completing their programs in the Summer 2021 semester will receive their degrees, diplomas, certificates, and career studies certificates via postal mail once the semester is complete.
- Fall 2020 graduates were mailed their degrees, diplomas, certificates, and career studies certificates in December 2020.
- For questions about DCC Commencement 2021, please email email@example.com.