Danville Community College's Student Success Program was developed in alignment with the Virginia’s Community Colleges Chancellor’s College Success Coach Initiative (CSCI). DCC's Student Success Program provides qualified students with a success coach throughout their first academic year. Our goal is to empower our students to persist through challenges and/or barriers they may encounter on their educational journey at DCC by providing a holistic approach to student success.
All services are free to qualifying students enrolled in DCC’s Student Success Program!
- Do I qualify?
Students that meet any one the following four criteria are eligible.
- First Generation College Student
- Minority Student
- Pell Grant Recipient
- Within First 15 Credit Hours
If you have any questions concerning qualifications, please contact one of our success coaches.
- What services does a success coach provide?
A success coach can provide:
- Interactive one-on-one support
- Assistance with academic and non-academic issues
- Assistance navigating the college system
- Referrals to tutoring services and other support services
- Study skills remediation
- Career readiness & planning services
- Community connections
- Partnerships with faculty and staff
- What other campus resources and activities does Student Success Program support?
Other campus resources and activities supported by the Student Success Program include:
- The Knight's Pantry
- Single Stop
- The Career Closet
- College Knowledge Workshops
- Career Planning Workshops
- Classroom Presentations
- Guest Speakers and Other Campus Events
- Professional Development
Career Assessment and Planning
Paying for School
- Upcoming Events
DCC promotes events in a variety of ways. The most common delivery methods are student email, the Knightly News, social media, and the DCC Webpage. Stay informed on upcoming events by:
- Reading the Knightly News each month
- Checking your student email regularly
- Following DCC on social media
- Visiting the DCC Webpage