DCC Educational Foundation Scholarship Applications Due Date - EXTENDED
DCC Educational Foundation scholarships make a positive impact on the lives of many DCC students. Although DCC’s tuition is far less expensive than tuitions of four-year institutions, an increasing number of students cannot afford the cost of higher education.
State and federal funds are available to eligible students; however, there are always deserving students who have excelled academically for whom no assistance can be found. A scholarship sends a strong message to students that someone believes in them and is ready to invest in their futures.
On average, approximately 300 scholarships totaling $500,000 in financial assistance are awarded to DCC students through the generosity of the College's supporters. Danville Community College’s Educational Foundation also awards scholarships to students graduating from DCC who are transferring to four-year institutions.
DCC Educational Foundation Scholarship Listing
DCC Educational Foundation Scholarship Application
The DCC Educational Foundation offers a variety of scholarships for students. General information on the scholarship program and the application timeline follows:
- Applications for DCC Educational Foundation Scholarships are available beginning January 1. Applicants must have applied for admission to Danville Community College by the scholarship application deadline. The Scholarship Committee meets in April and July to review completed applications. Scholarship applications received by Tuesday, March 31, 2020, will be considered priority applications and will be reviewed and awarded in April, 2020. Scholarship applications received after the March 31, 2020, will be reviewed and awarded in June, 2020. If necessary, the committee will meet again in July, 2020, to award any final scholarships available. Late applications will be kept on file in case additional scholarship funds become available during the academic year.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled in a curriculum at DCC. (Call the Counseling Office at 434-797-8460 to schedule an appointment).
- Scholarship recipients must apply for financial aid prior to submitting the scholarship application. (Call the Financial Aid Office to schedule an appointment).
- The grade-point average and credit-hour requirements for each scholarship vary according to the specific guidelines of the individual scholarship.
- The scholarship must be used in the 2020-2021 academic year and will be disbursed in accordance with the criteria for each individual scholarship.
- Only one DCC Educational Foundation scholarship application should be completed to be considered for all DCC Educational Foundation scholarships. (All questions must be answered for the applicant to be considered for a scholarship. Please use complete sentences). If you are enrolled in a science, technology, engineering, math or health sciences (S.T.E.M.-H.) curriculum, please complete the additional S.T.E.M.-H. Scholarship Application Form listed on this page.
- Students will be required to complete an informational essay (minimum of 300 words required) about themselves, their goals and their reasons for applying for DCC Educational Foundation scholarships. Please note applications that fail to meet the 300 word essay requirement may be disqualified.
Graduation Scholarship Application
The DCC Educational Foundation offers a variety of graduation scholarships for any student graduating from Danville Community College (spring term) and planning to transfer to a four-year institution.
- Students must provide a letter of recommendation from a DCC instructor to be eligible for consideration.
S.T.E.M.-H Scholarship Application
The DCC Educational Foundation offers additional scholarships for DCC students who are enrolled in a science, technology, engineering, math or health sciences curriculum.
- Students must also complete the DCC Educational Foundation Scholarship Application Form shown above.
- Students who do not complete the DCC Educational Foundation Scholarship Application Form will not be considered for S.T.E.M.-H Scholarships.