Becoming a DCC Knight has never been easier: Get Ready, Get Set, Go!
For NEW Danville Community College Students
Have questions or need help?
Contact Admissions at (434) 797-8460 or email us at email@example.com
- Get Ready
Apply to DCC
Apply for Financial Aid
Financial aid - Complete a Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA).
- Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- The DCC school code is 003758.
- Contact the Educational Opportunity Center for help completing this application, contact 434-797-8577.
- You must be a high school graduate or have your GED and submit your high school transcript or equivalent showing your graduation/completion date.
Scholarships – Contact the DCC Educational Foundation at 434-797-8437.
Veterans Benefits – Visit danville.edu/veterans
- Get Set
Submit your high school or previous college transcript for review.
- If you have graduated from high school in the last 5 years, you may be able to use your high school transcript, ACT or SAT scores to determine placement (bypass the placement test). Please submit official transcript or score reports to the Admissions Office for review.
- Have you attended another college? If yes, submit your official transcripts to the Admissions Office for review to determine placement (Bypass the placement test).
Take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) if needed.
Effective March 23, 2020, Danville Community College is closed to the public and offering all programs and services online. The Virginia Placement Test is offered as a proctored test only and is not available at this time. Placement will be determined based on high school and college transcripts and direct placement options. Click here for placement options. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Students not using transcripts for placement, will need to take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT), as basic assessment of Reading, Writing, and Math to see what courses you need to start in.
- Call 434-797-8467 or email email@example.com to make an appointment to test.
- VPT is given Mondays through Thursdays at 9 a.m. or 2 p.m. and Sundays at 1 p.m. in the Learning Resources Center (Library, 1007 Boswell Street, Danville). The VPT is also given at the Southern Virginia Higher Education Center, call 434-572-5452.
GO to DCC ROCKS (Registration Orientation Computer Knowledge and Support)
All NEW students must attend a DCC ROCKS session
You will receive:
- Program information and class schedules
- Help with DCC’s online tools & services (MyDCC workshop)
- Campus tours
- Your DCC Student ID card and parking permit
- Information about paying tuition (see payment information below)
Choose a DCC ROCKS event at danville.edu/DCCROCKS