The Whittington W. Clement Learning Resources Center (LRC) provides information and instructional support services for the college community. Centrally located on the DCC campus, the Learning Resources Center houses the Library, the Testing Center, and the Tutoring Center.
The Whittington W. Clement Learning Resources Center will be the provider of choice for learning resources and services for the College community. The LRC incorporates the latest in educational technology to offer a unique mix of traditional and nontraditional resources. It is our philosophy to provide service of the highest quality, encourage innovation, and to provide solutions for the enhancement of learning.
The Whittington W. Clement Learning Resources Center will support the mission of Danville Community College by providing services and learning resources for the educational and workforce training programs and services of the College.
- To promote awareness and use of information and instructional resources by students, faculty and the community.
- To stimulate innovation and learning by providing services, equipment, and facilities that meet the instructional needs of the educational and workforce training programs of the College.
- To acquire, organize, maintain, and promote the use of a well-planned collection of information and learning resources materials and supportive equipment.
- To develop special collections that will preserve and document the development of Danville Community College and reflect the art and culture of the region.
- To provide a comprehensive learning assistance program by providing quality supplemental instruction and tutoring services, testing services, and ready access to computer applications.
- To strengthen access to quality credit and non-credit educational programs and instruction through a comprehensive distributed learning program.
- To enhance instruction by collaborating with the faculty and staff in the design and development of curriculum materials used in both distributed learning and traditional on-campus courses.
- To strengthen and promote the College presence on the World Wide Web.
- To provide a qualified staff that is concerned and involved in serving the needs of the students, faculty, and the community.
- To engage in appropriate inter-agency activities for the purpose of cooperative sharing of resources and services.