DCC is committed to the success of our students. While studies have been forced to continue online, that commitment is unwavering. To that end, the College has developed this central resource hub to support online learning. The faculty and staff at DCC have worked day and night to make this unexpected transition as seamless as possible. DCC is actively striving to ensure that your continued confidence in our dedication to the realization of your academic and professional objectives is well placed. If you cannot find something you are looking for, contact our enrollment navigators, Jazzmine and Casey. They are standing by and ready to help you.
Q: How do I find out what I’m supposed to do for my classes now that I don’t go on the campus for classes?
A: Login to your myDCC account, go to danville.edu and click myDCC. If you don’t know how to login, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know how to get into your myDCC account, but are unsure how to use Canvas, email email@example.com.
Q: How do I contact my instructor about coursework?
A: Email them directly, all DCC employee emails use the following format, firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also have their contact information on Canvas.
Q: How do I drop summer classes?
A: Contact email@example.com.
Q: Who can I contact if I have questions about what courses to take?
A: As always, faculty advisors are available to help students select courses, make an appointment or contact them through Navigate or email them directly. If you are a new student, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
Q: How can I schedule an appointment with my advisor?
A: Check out the scheduling guide.
Q: How do I register for fall classes?
a. Registration can be done online through myDCC or through Navigate.
b. Advisors are available to meet with you by email, phone, or virtually through Zoom!
c. Admissions staff are available at email@example.com.
Q: How do I apply for fall financial aid?
A: New students will need to complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA. Please monitor your email and/or MyDCC account for any items required for verification. Students can check their awards at MyDCC Student Center. For additional questions, contact the DCC Student Account Support Center.
Apply for Financial Aid
Financial aid - Complete a Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA).
• Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
• The DCC school code is 003758.
• Contact the Educational Opportunity Center for help completing this application at 434-797-8577.
• You must be a high school graduate or have your GED and submit your high school transcript or equivalent showing your graduation/completion date.
Q: How can I submit documents for Financial Aid?
A: Some items can be submitted/uploaded within MyDCC and clicking on the item listed under the To-Do list. Forms can be downloaded from the DCC Financial Aid - Forms page and either submitted securely, via Blackboard ticket, or mailed in to the college. Someone will be periodically checking for any documents mailed in.
Q: How do I apply for scholarships?
A: Go to https://danville.edu/dcc-educational-foundation-scholarships and click on the DCC Educational Foundation Scholarship Form.
Q: How do I purchase books for fall?
A: DCC's bookstore offers comprehensive services through its website, available at bookstore.danville.edu.
• [Step 1] Click on “My Account” in the top right of screen
• [Step 2] Click [Register Here] For New Users
• [Step 3] Click [Create Profile for Browsing and Shopping]
• [Step 4] Fill in Customer Registration Form and Submit Profile
• [Step 5] Place Cursor on Textbooks and Click “Find Textbooks”
• [Step 6] Select the correct “Term”, “Department”, and “Section/Instructor” for all courses
• Information for Step 6 can be found on your class schedule.
• [Step 7] Click “View Your Materials
• [Step 8] Select Preference of “New” or “Used” for all Required Materials and click “Add to Cart” for each item
• [Step 9] Once all items are added to cart click “Continue Checkout” to review your Shopping Cart
• [Step 10] Review Cart and click “Continue Checkout”
• A box will pop-up in regard to changes in materials. Please select your preference and click “Continue”.
• A second box will appear asking if you would like any changes in material to be “New” or “Used”. Please select your preference and click “Continue”.
• [Step 11] Review Shopping Cart once more and click “Payment Options”
• [Step 12] Select “Ship Order” , Review Shipping Address, and Click “Continue”
• [Step 13] Make sure “UPS” is selected for Shipping Method and click “Continue”
• [Step 14] Select your payment option of “Credit Card” or “Financial Aid”, Fill in all other information and click submit payment.
• PLEASE NOTE: If you select Financial Aid, enter your Student ID where it says “Account Number.” Then click the verification box before submitting. As a reminder, Financial Aid is not always available and you will be contacted if needed to provide another form of payment.
• [Step 15] Submit Order and Print Confirmation for your records
• You will also receive a confirmation email. Please allow 24-48 hours for order to be processed.
If you have any questions about your books, please call 434-797-8426.
Q: How do I know if dropping will affect my financial aid?
A: Financial Aid can be reached at DCCFinAid@danville.edu.
Q: Will there be faculty and staff on campus to answer questions in person?
A: The college campus is closed to the public, however, all faculty and staff are still available. Email us! If you don’t know where to start email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can point you in the right direction!
Q: Will DCC still hold student events?
A: Yes, DCC will still host activities during this time. All activities will be through email, Canvas, and Zoom. Emails will be sent out to all students for participation while we are fully online.
DCC will hold Zoom meetings and activities for the veteran students. We will use Zoom to complete this.
Q: What if I need internet access?
A: If a student needs internet access we will refer students to various WiFi Hotspots located in the community. We will also provide contact information on Service Providers who offer free internet service due to COVID-19. T-Mobile had free “Test Drive” mobile hot spots individuals could use for 30 days or 30 GB.
Q: What resources are available to me since I’m new to online classes?
A: Students have free access to Anti-Virus software and the Microsoft Suite at resources.vccs.edu or go to the VCCS Student Software link on their Canvas Course homepage. The student’s Canvas Course homepage also includes links to other resources including:
• Student Handbook
• Student Support
• Library Resources
• Technical Support
• ADA Support
Q: How can I pay for my class?
A: Go to QuikPay through MyDCC
B: Call the business office at 434-797-8418 to pay with credit card over the phone.
C: Mail payments to Business Office, DCC, 1008 S. Main St., Danville, VA 24541.
Q: How do I use the student information system (SIS) for viewing my account, check your financial aid award, view your grades, request transcripts, dropping classes, and more?
A: We have prepared this guide to help you.
- Student Resources
DCC provides resources for students on how to use Canvas via Libguides. Click here for the guides.
Tutoring Access – email us: email@example.com
More information available: danville.edu/tutoring-center
Tutoring online: danville.libguides.com/brainfuse
Danville Community College Educational Foundation Scholarships are available for all eligible DCC students. Approximately 300 individual scholarships totaling over $500,000 in financial assistance are awarded annually through the generosity of its donors and supporters. For more information regarding DCC Educational Foundation Scholarships, please see below:
DCC Educational Foundation Scholarships
The DCC Educational Foundation has extended the March 31, 2020, deadline for the 2020-2021 DCC Educational Foundation Scholarship and STEM-H Scholarship applications. Students are encouraged to complete their applications online.
For existing DCC students who are requesting summer 2020 STEM-H Scholarships, please use the online STEM-H Scholarship application and indicate it is for summer 2020. Email Ms. Cheryl Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org once this specific summer application has been submitted.
If there are any questions regarding DCC Educational Foundation Scholarships, students are encouraged to contact Ms. Cheryl Hill either by email, email@example.com or by phone, 434.579.7819.
The DCC Educational Foundation Scholarship Application and STEM-H Scholarship Applicaton deadlines have been extended due to the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. All incoming and returning DCC students are encouraged to complete the online scholarship applications.
Current DCC students scheduled to graduate in May, 2020, who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or a university are encouraged to apply for DCC Educational Foundation Graduation Scholarships. This application deadline has been extended until May 1, 2020.
Please remember the Graduation Scholarship Application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from a DCC instructor. Individual letters of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address:
DCC Educational Foundation
1008 South Main Street
Danville, VA 24541
Transferring to a four-year institution to complete your bachelor’s degree should be a pleasant experience. Smooth transitions require planning. Contact 434-797-6422 in the beginning of your first semester at DCC to ensure you are on the right track to transfer to a four-year institution!
Guaranteed Admissions Agreements
Students who graduate from DCC with an Associate of Arts and Science (AA&S) Degree and a minimum GPA may obtain GUARANTEED admission to more than 30 of the Commonwealth’s colleges and universities. Visit danville.edu/transfer for more information.
Virginia Education Wizard
The Virginia Wizard Transfer Tool enables students to research options for transferring from a Virginia Community College to a four-year institution in Virginia. Explore your transfer options at vawizard.org.
Locked out? Forgot your security answers?
Call 434-797-8500 or email email@example.com.
Student Information System (SIS)
The online student center in SIS provides an overview of your official student records. Each section provides you with important details about your account to ensure that you make appropriate decisions. You can check for communications, your transcripts, print your class schedule, pay your tuition, check your financial aid, update your address and phone, and check your To Do List, holds, and information about your advisor.
SIS Section Guide
- Message Center: Official communication from the college’s financial aid office will be sent to your message center. Be sure to check your unread messages as this may contain important information to keep you successful. Tip: Any information regarding your Financial Aid class eligibility will only come in this inbox.
- Academics: Use the academics section to search for classes, enroll and drop classes, print your class schedule, check My Academics (advising reports and student planner), request official transcripts, print a copy of your unofficial transcripts, check your official grades and run a what-if analysis. At this time, DCC does not accept graduation applications online. Tip: You will need your class schedule and your student id to purchase books.
- Finances — User Preferences: The college name listed shows your user default. If the college name is something other than Danville, then you may have issues paying for college online. Click the User Preferences to correct the college to make payments.
- Finances — My Account & Payment Plan: Use the My Account link to check your summary, activity, charges due, payments, and pending aid. Use Apply for a Payment Plan to participate in a 3rd party vendor to split your tuition payments. Tip: If you try to sign up for the payment plan, ensure that pop-up off blockers are turned off on your browser.
- Finances — Financial Aid: Use the link View Financial Aid to verify your financial aid awards. After you submit your FAFSA, it takes three to five days for DCC to receive the data. Eligibility is then determined and aid posted to your account. You will use this link to determine which classes are considered eligible for financial aid awards.
- Finances — Quik pay: Use this link to make online payments from your credit card or checking/savings account.
- Personal Information — Emergency Contact: Please make sure to update your emergency contact. In case of emergency, so we know who to contact.
- Personal Information — Mailing Address and Phone: Please verify your address and phone and make any necessary changes. It is important to keep this information up to date.
- Holds: Check your account to ensure that there are no issues with your account. Holds could prevent you from enrolling in classes, receiving your transcripts and/or diploma. To Do List: Check your account to see if you have any outstanding checklists for financial aid or admissions.
- Advisor: Verify that you know your current advisor. He or she can help you decide on classes in the future.
Pay Tuition and Fees Online
NOTE: DCC accepts VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- Click Student Center
- Click Go To QuickPay (NOT PAYMENT PLAN)
- Select Make Payment
- Select Term
- Verify Amount Due, then type in amount to pay in the payment amount field.
- Select Method: Credit Card or eCheck
- Click the Continue Button
- Check information for accuracy and click Continue
- Click the Confirm button
- Print the payment receipt
View Anticipated Financial Aid
- In Student Center
- Navigate to Finances
- Click on View Financial Aid
- Select appropriate aid year
*Anticipated Financial Aid is based on full-time enrollment
- Click the Sign Out link at the top right of the window.
- Close browser window to end session.
In-State Tuition - $157.00 per Credit
Out-of-State Tuition - $357.10 per Credit
Tuition payments are due based on your date of registration.
Payments can be made by logging in to your student account through MyDCC prior to midnight the day you register. If using the TMS Payment Plan, the transaction must be successfully completed prior to midnight on your tuition due date.
Payment Due Dates:
- Course registration 1st & Full Session April 1 – May 1, 2020. Payment due on or before May 1, 2020
- Course registration 1st & Full Session May 4, 2020 and beyond. Payment is due by 5 p.m. the same day of registration
- Course registration 2nd Session June 1 – June 24, 2020. Payment due on or before June 25, 2020
- Course registration April 1, 2020 – June 30, 2020. Payment due on or before July 1, 2020
- Course registration July 6, 2020 – August 13, 2020 Payment due on or before August 13, 2020
- Course registration August 3, 2020 and beyond. Payment is due by 5 p.m. the same day of registration
- Navigate to dcc.afford.com
- Resend Registration email
- Key in your student email address and click send link
- Check your student email (Under MYDCC login) for details on how to enroll
Set Up Payment Plan
Note: Deadlines apply. Must have a checking, savings, or credit card (MC, AEx, or Discover) account and allow payment drafts.
- In Student Center, click Apply for a Payment Plan
- In the Account Summary, Click on Apply for a Payment Plan again
- New window appears, read terms and click PROCEED **If the window doesn’t appear, turn off pop-up blockers.
Summer 2020 plan available starting April 1, 2020
Enrollment Fee Plan Terms Deposit Last Date to Enroll $35 Deposit + 3 payments 40% April 5 $40 Deposit + 2 payments 50% May 5 $45 Deposit + 1 payment 60% May 9
Fall 2020 Plan available starting June 1, 2020
Enrollment Fee Plan Terms Deposit Last Date to Enroll $35 5 Payments None June 5 $35 Deposit + 4 payments 20% July 5 $35 Deposit + 3 payments 40% August 5 $40 Deposit + 2 payments 50% August 22
Mental Health Services
Danville Community College provides all students access to professional mental health counseling to:
- Provide support and advocate on behalf of students attending DCC
- Assist students in times of crisis
- Provide mental health support and interventions
- Make referrals for students with mental health needs
The ADA/Accessible Services Clinician will be contacting all students to ensure a smooth online learning transition.
Students receiving ADA / Accessible Services, who need support due to moving to the online learning platform are encouraged to contact the ADA clinician to update their accommodations.
Registering for summer and fall courses? Let our office know when you have registered. We will prepare your Accommodation letters for those semesters.
The ADA/Accessible Services Office & Clinician will continue to be available to our students. Call 434-797-8572 with any concerns related to ADA.
- Accessing Your Resources
Online Connectivity for Students Who Lack It
FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
Altice/Suddenlink response: offers 30 MB internet to any new subscriber free for 60 days. No late fees or terminations for existing customers. Applicable to some rural localities