Here is a to-do list to help keep you on track:
4 semesters before transfer
- Speak to a DCC Academic Advisor to help choose your major.
- Meet with your 4-year school’s Transfer Advisor.
- Read the Transfer Agreement or Guaranteed Admissions Agreement for your 4-year school.
- Use a Transfer Advising Guide to pick the right DCC courses for your major.
- Learn about general education and other requirements at the institution(s) you are considering.
- Begin looking for scholarships, discounts and other ways to meet costs.
- Many programs will require Math, English, Social Sciences, and Lab Sciences, so begin those courses as early as possible.
3 semesters before transfer
- Continue working with your DCC Academic Advisor or Transfer Advisor.
- Decide which 4-year school is best for you and visit the campus.
- If required, complete a letter of intent for your chosen institution. Contact the Transfer Advisor for your respective school to complete this.
- Use the four-year institutions’ Transfer Guides to pick the right DCC courses.
- Look up your future institution’s academic calendars and deadlines.
2 semesters before transfer
- Complete transferable coursework and Apply for Graduation.
- Continue taking courses that will transfer to your major.
- Submit your admission application, financial aid application and all official transcripts to the 4-year schools you are considering.
- Once admitted to the institution, complete any specific scholarship and housing applications as appropriate.
1 semester before transfer
- Check your Student Information System (SIS) account to verify that there are no financial/administrative holds on your student record.
- Have your final official DCC Transcript sent to your 4-year school.